Nativilis Virgin Pataua Oil (Oenocarpus bataua) Strengthening Hair Tonic High Concentration Omega 9 - prevents hair loss - Copaiba Oil benefits
Nativilis Virgin Pataua Oil (Oenocarpus bataua) Strengthening Hair Tonic High Concentration Omega 9 - Protects against dryer replenish and strengthen damaged hair nourishes-soothes the scalp - prevents hair loss - similar Copaiba Oil benefits
Patauá, also known as Oenocarpus bataua, is a single stem palm tree native to the tropical rainforests of South America. Crowned with large leaves that can stretch up to 10 m in length, the tree grows up to 25 meters in height.
Habitat: Common throughout the Amazon basin, you can find the tree from mountain regions to swamps and streams. Oenocarpus bataua does best in the shade when young, provided by taller trees. As the tree grows, it requires more sun and moist soil. The palm grows wildly in Northern S. America – Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru; C. America – Panama and Caribbean – Trinidad.
The patauá fruit very much resembles acai berries. These deep purple oval-shaped berries can take up to fourteen months to ripen. The sweet, chocolate flavour pulp is very popular in the area and makes tasty juices.
Traditional use: The Oenocarpus bataua, patauá tree offers multiple uses
Rich in Omega 9 fatty acids, this unique yellow oil is light with a fresh herbal fragrance. Highly restorative, patauá oil benefits hair in many ways. It strengthens the hair, helps restore damaged ends, nourishes and soothes the scalp, and leaves hair smooth and shiny. The oil absorbs quickly, making it a popular ingredient in hair balms.
Patauá oil Composition: Some of the notable compounds found in the oil include:
- Fatty acids: Oleic and palmitic acids are the primary fatty acids found in patauá oil, followed by linoleic, stearic and alpha-linolenic acid in small amounts. Omega 9 found in the oil have softening, moisturising and regenerating effect on the skin and hair.
- Antioxidants: α–tocopherol, a form of vitamin E, is a powerful antioxidant that can help hair growth. Known to reduce oxidative stress, Vitamin E is calming and protects the hair follicle cells from breaking.
Patauá Oil In Haircare
Highly emollient, patauá oil nourishes hair from the root, calming the scalp and hydrating hair all the way to the ends. Mildly fragrant, this light oil is deeply moisturising, which is why it’s found in many hair care products today. Applied from root to tip, the oil’s light and smooth texture will absorb before you know it, leaving your hair soft and shiny.
Applying a few drops of patauá oil can:
- Strengthens the hair and helps restore split and damaged ends. Fatty acids found in patauá oil encourage scalp oils production, which naturally coats and nourish hair strands, bringing hair back to life.
- Protect hair from blow-drying. Blow drying can damage the hair leaving it dry and brittle. Omega 3 nourishes hair and boosts its thickness, strength and radiance while soothing the dry scalp.
- Prevent hair loss. Vitamin E and Omega acids found in patauá oil stimulate blood circulation, which support hair growth.
- Accelerate hair’s growth. Numerous studies have shown that Omega 3 and 6 not only nourishes hair but also supports its growth.
- Powerful antioxidant effect: Vitamin E helps protect hair from UV radiation resulting in weak and dry hair.
- Can smooth the frizz. Patauá oil coats the hair with a protective layer – taming the frizz and protecting the hair from environmental damage.
- Nourishes and soothes the scalp. Vitamin E and Omega 9, found in the oil, stimulate the scalp to keep hair soft, healthy, and shiny.
- Improve blood flow to the scalp: The vitamin E in pataua oil allows the follicles to absorb essential nutrients to strengthen the hair.
- It absorbs quickly, making it a popular ingredient in hair masks, conditioners, tonics and shampoos.
How To Use Patauá Oil
There are many ways you can incorporate this oil into your hair care. Here are just a few ideas:
- Add a few drops of patauá oil into your shampoo.
- Apply 1 to 2 drops to the palms of your hands and rub them together to distribute the oil evenly. When ready, gently rub oil into your hair, moving from mid-length to ends.
- To prevent frizz, apply oil to the ends of your hair before or after styling.
- Apply oil to your hair for an overnight treatment.
You can see, patauá oil has been vital in the hair care of native Amazonians for generations and is waiting to transform your world! The next time you’re on the hunt for nourishing hair care products, consider adding this amazing oil to your list.