Organic Essential Oils: Why to choose them over Conventional & Non-Organic Essential Oils?
With the change in the environmental conditions and the deterioration of the habitat, it is better to probably look for organic options whether it is about buying fruits & vegetables or about choosing your favorite essential oils as it is indeed a fact that essential oils are highly concentrated liquids, and in this concentration, pesticides are also used included in the formulation and manufacturing. Pesticides and fertilizers are chemically produced that are used for growing the plants and trees used for the extraction of the essential oils that gives result in the production of the organic and certified oils. And, if these oils are included in the daily regimen, then the benefits of organic oils will affect human life for the best.
Before buying the next bottle of organic oils, there are several things that should be kept in mind for having the best oils in hand and include in the daily regimen for the betterment of the skin, hair, and overall health. So, have a look at these points for having the best oils in hand:
What are Certified Organic Oils?
The term ‘organic’ refers to a standard or the class of qualities that are to be considered and maintained while growing plants for fruits, vegetables, seeds, and for extracting oils used in the production of beauty products, cosmetic materials, and others. For growing the organic plants and trees for getting the organic essential oils, it is very much needed to conserve the health of the soil used for growing plants, you can apply the manure and avoid the sewage sludge, pesticides, non-organic fertilizers, herbicides, and chemical fertilizers so that the oils extracted from the plants or the major parts do not have any chemical in its composition.
Here, some important points and practices listed below that will help in maintaining the quality of the soil so that organic plants can be grown and the best quality oils can be extracted from them:
- PAMS management stands for prevention, avoidance, monitoring, and suppression can be used to prevent control of pests and diseases
- To maintain the health of the soil, it is needed to minimize the contact between the organic and non-organic crops.
- You can actively avoid the contamination of the organic substitutes with the non-organic and prohibited substances
- The NOP (National Organic Program) is also taken as a needed approach for maintaining the national standards and label of manufacturing the organic plants.
Why Should Your Oil Be Certified Organic?
For your oil to be certified and organic, the oil must be certified from the end of the third party. The third-party makes sure that the soil in which the plant is grown should be free from conventional pesticides and chemical fertilizers and all other by products. And, for growing the plants organically, the farmers grew the plants without using pesticides and artificial agents so that the oils extracted from them are organic and certified.
Now, if you are scratching your head that why should you always opt for the certified and organic oils whenever you have the option, there are some points listed below that will help you to choose organic oils over the non-organic oils:
- Talking about the benefits of the organic oils, it is eco-conscious and natural, affecting the health of the body
- If the farmers are following the organic farming practices, then this will help in restoring the health and the vitality of the soil as by preventing the soil from the harmful chemicals and pesticides, it will help in fighting the decrease of the wildlife diversity and populations.
- It is also a fact that by practicing organic farming, lesser greenhouse gases will be released and is also more energy-efficient than the conventional farming method.
- The most important thing that makes the use of organic oils justified is that by using organic oils, you can take proper care of your skin and hair, organically and naturally
- And, for this, it is very much needed to find organic essential oils suppliers that are offering the customers a wide range of good quality and certified organic oils for including in the regimen.
Certified Organic Oils and the Production Method
Pesticides are indeed not as big an issue for the production of the essential oils as you are expecting them to be. Whether the essential oil that you are using is having pesticide residues in the composition or not, the method of production also plays a vital role in determining the quality and the standard of the essential oils.
Now, if talking about the fragrant plants like Copaiba, Lavender , Geranium and others; all these resins and plants are widely known and considered for their effective bug repelling properties, that there is no use to spray pesticides on them as they can keep all the bugs away from them, on their own. But, of course, not all the plants that are used for the extraction of the essential oil are not having the same properties and composition and thus, there is always a chance of cross-contamination in which the pesticides that are sprayed on the other crops and plants mark their way via wind or water onto other essential oil plants as well on which the pesticides are not sprayed.
But, the one more thing that is to be kept in mind is that the pesticides that are sprayed on the plants do not always make it into the bottles of essential oils as most of the oils are extracted from the plants by the process of steam distillation. This is because the steam distillation process is the one in which the steam breaks down the plant material into various smaller versions and remove all the volatile compounds from them. The vapors rich in essential oils are then cooled and condensed and the resultant water is collected. And, after that, it becomes very easy to collect the oil from the water as oil and water don’t mix.
That is why; if the oil is extracted from the plants by the process of steam distillation, then the chances of pesticides are very low. But, there are some exceptions to this rule as well and this can be seen in the case of citrus essential oils like orange, grapefruit, lemon, and bergamot and the reason for the exception is very simple as the citrus fruits are not having pest-resistant properties and hence, the crops are sprayed with the pesticides and that is why; there are many chances that you can expect the chemical ingredients in the composition of the extracted essential oils. The second reason for the same is that the oils extracted from the citrus fruits via cold-press extraction process in which the oils are just squeezed out from the fruits and plants instead of distilling them through heat. And hence, this process can significantly allow the pesticides to enter the resultant extracted oils.
That is why; it is very clear that the presence of pesticides in the essential oils depends on the method of extraction that is used to extract the oils from the plants, fruits, seeds, and other parts.
Characteristics of Organic Essential Oils
Here, some of the characteristics listed below that can be seen if you are planning to buy certified organic oils:
- The organic oils are grown on such sites where the plants for the extraction of the oil are grown and the oil is distilled and then, finally packaged so that they can be delivered to the customers and the end-users.
- All the organic essential oils must be certified by an organic certification, that includes several kinds of information mentioned about the country of origin, allotment number, date of manufacturing, date of packing, botanical name, plant part from where the oil is extracted, and the method of extraction.
- All these organic essential oils must be checked and pre-approved by the professional doctors and the researcher that can ensure the quality and the standard of the oils
- The oils are also screened so that all the non-natural and the missing components can be noticed and identified that will give the justification for the good quality of the oils
- The labels and the list of ingredients should also be given on the bottle of the essential oils so that the customers can know about the ratio of the ingredients and can decide whether the oil will work for their skin or not.
Benefits of Certified Organic Oils
After knowing every essential thing that one should know before including organic oils in the regimen, in the same aisle, the next thing to look for is the benefits of including certified organic oils in the day-to-day life. And, to solve this problem of yours as well, we have listed here the top benefits of organic oils. Do have a look at the list before buying any of them:
- Including organic oils in the routine like copaiba, lavender and geranium essential oil will help in promoting the good digestive system and also boosts gut health.
- The organic oils are known to have anti-inflammatory properties that are helpful in healing burns and also effectively treat sunburns.
- Apart from the medicinal properties, certified organic oils are also having a soothing and refreshing fragrance that works the best in relaxing the tensed nerves of the mind and also promote sound sleep for the patients suffering from insomnia.
- After working the best for mental health, these organic oils also work the best for treating certain skin issues like skin rashes, pimples, acne, and eczema as well.
- As these oils are plant-driven, they are having so many natural properties, therapeutic benefits, and a calming fragrance that makes them the best aromatherapy ingredient.
References in the description in all text above was made based in the researches from PubMed Central® (PMC)
ABOUT NATIVILIS NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS:
You’ve found your One-Stop-Shop for Aromatherapy products at Nativilis. Our Essentials Oils are 100% Natural and Pure. Our outstanding Essential Oils are GCMS tested to deliver guaranteed purity. We just work with suppliers that works in a sustainable way, ecological farming and social justice in order to deliver superior products to the world market.
We just partner with suppliers that provide fair wages and economic opportunities for Amazonian communities where few opportunities exist. The reforestation and conservation work makes our products truly regenerative by actually restoring and protecting the amazon rainforest.
We are committed to Eco-Friendly products and packaging. Our goal was to create a brand that was not only made up of cleanly-made and natural-ethically- developed products, but that also translated the same responsible message through its packaging.
As a customer service, Nativilis gives you this complimentary third-party resource. Nativilis does not endorse or guarantee the accuracy of this third-party literature.
While Nativilis strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by Nativilis.