- Botanical Name - Matricaria recutita
- Aroma - Strong, warm herbaceous
- Extraction - Steam distillation
- Part of Plant - Flower heads
- Country of Origin - Germany / France
- Major Compounds - Trans beta farnesene, chamazulene (responsible for the deep blue colour of the oil), azulene (See our Gas Cromatography - Lab Tested)
- Uses - Relaxing and supporting to the nervous system. Calms, soothes and cools the skin. Is very anti-inflammatory and helps aid skin healing. Particularly useful for sensitive, allergic or dry skins.
Botany - The German Chamomile is a flower which is found in the Germany. Every year it blooms from May to August. The oil is extracted from the steam distillation method to get the best out of it. The plant extends up to 60cm in height and it has fragrance very similar to apple.
Overview of Chamomile German - The quality of oil is determined by measuring the Azulene component. The perfect blend consists of 4.5% to 5% of Azulene. It is of bluish green to deep blue liquid. However, the plant doesn’t carry the blue crystal but it generates that color during the process.
Benefits of Chamomile German
- The oil has strong aromatic fragrance and hence it is used in many perfumes and cosmetics.
- It promotes healthy skin and act as a conditioner.
- The oil is very good for healthy digestion.
- It is used for therapeutic purposes to relax down the nerves and misbalanced hormones.
- Blue Chamomile essential oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties that are particularly useful for allergies, rashes and irritated skin conditions including eczema. Chamomile oil has a soothing, calming and balancing effect which can be beneficial for irritability, anger, anxiety, stress and tension.
- German Chamomile essential oil, also known as Blue Chamomile, is one of the best aromatherapy oils for treating inflammation. It has a high 'chamazulene' content, an active organic compound produced during the distillation process, that gives the oil its deep, inky-blue colour.
- Animal studies have shown that German chamomile reduces inflammation, speeds wound healing, reduces muscle spasms, and serves as a mild sedative to help with sleep. Few studies have investigated whether the same is true in people. Test tube studies have shown that chamomile can kill bacteria, fungus, and viruses.
- Chamomile is an effective natural solution for hair lice and dandruff. In addition, it also soothes the irritated scalp. It hydrates the scalp, thus eases the associated irritation and itching
- Skin - Blue Chamomile essential oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties that are particularly useful for allergies, rashes and irritated skin conditions including eczema.
- Body - Chamomile is an excellent choice for inflammation, aches and pains - particularly for 'angry, hot, red pain', as opposed to dull pain which is more suited to Roman Chamomile. It is useful in a warm compress on the tummy to help relieve the hot, burning symptoms of cystitis and can also be beneficial for tension headaches.
- Aroma - A very sweet and lingering scent that when blended properly can add a calming aroma to any environment
- Precautions when using Blue Chamomile Essential Oil - Avoid high concentrations. As with all essential oils we would recommended avoiding during pregnancy
It is not suitable to take it as a diffuser or for bathing. It should be strictly avoided in case of pregnancy. Also, it is recommended to make a skin test before applying it.
- L’Aromathérapie Exactement, Pierre Franchomme and Dr. Daniel Pénoël, 1990.
- Tisserand, Robert and Rodney Young. Essential Oil Safety, 2nd ed., 2014
Directions for use: Directions for use: Topical use: Add 25 drops of Nativilis Natural German Blue Chamomile Essential Oil to 20 ml
of natural base oil - Diffusion: Use 04 drops in the diffuser of choice
Best Use: 24 Months
- Shipping Weight:0.08 kg
- SKU: GERMANCHAMOMILE -WH- 5060864590630
- Type: GTIN-13 - Number: 5060864590630
- Volume: 30 ml - Clear Bottle Glass with Tamper Evident Euro Drop Cap
- Dimensions Outer Packaging Recyclable Tube Cardboard Paper Kraft :102 mm (H) x 36 mm (D)
Safety data: External use recommended. Internal use under guidance from
a qualified practitioner. Keep away from children and eyes. Avoid if pregnant. Store in a cool dry place.
- Clear Glass Bottle: We sell our German Blue Chamomile Essential Oil in clear glass bottles to be able to appreciate their beautiful gold and therapeutic colours.
- The Outer Packaging Recyclable Tube Cardboard Paper Kraft are to protect the oil from light , because light slowly degrades the oil over time.