Nativilis Natural Essential Oils - Serums and Blends Collection
What are the benefits?
If you use a face serum that’s well suited to the type of issue you want to address, a serum can have numerous benefits.
Let’s look more closely at some of the key benefits of adding this product to your skin care routine.
Face serum benefits
- Absorbs quickly into your skin. Serums are lighter skin care formulations than moisturizers. The thinner viscosity allows the serum to be absorbed more easily into your skin. This makes a face serum an ideal first step in the layering process.
- Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Some face serums contain ingredients like retinol that may help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Has the potential to provide more visible results. The higher concentration of active ingredients may provide more visible results, compared with other types of skin products.
- Feels light on your skin. Because they absorb quickly into your skin, a face serum doesn’t feel heavy or greasy.
Types of face serums and ingredients
When it comes to choosing a skin serum, it’s important to recognize there are different types of serums, as well as specific ingredients to look for based on your goals.
In general, face serums fall into the following categories:
- anti-aging serums
- skin-brightening serums
- hydrating serums
- free-radical fighting serums
- acne-prone and sensitive skin serums
- reparative/texture improvement serums
Skin-brightening serums are often chock-full of antioxidants and pigment-fighting ingredients to improve skin tone.
Free-radical fighting serums
Antioxidants fight free radicals that can damage healthy skin.
Skin texture serums
To help boost your skin’s texture and the overall appearance of your skin,
How to use a serum
The best way to use a face serum is as a base layer under your heavier products like moisturizer, sunscreen, and makeup.
You can use a face serum once or twice a day after cleansing and toning your skin. Think of it as the step after you clean.
How often you apply a serum to your skin depends on your goals. Palm suggests the tips below to help you determine when to apply face serum to your skin.
Frequency of face serum application
- Anti-pigmentation and antioxidant serums work best when applied in the morning. This helps protect your skin against environmental assaults and free radical production produced by light, including UV and high energy visible light.
- Anti-aging serums are often best suited for nighttime application. This allows the ingredients to work with your body’s circadian rhythm for skin repair and turnover.
- Hydrating serums for drier skin can be applied twice daily to help keep your skin dewy and moisturized.
To get the most out of a face serum, recommends the following tips:
- Apply skin care products from thinnest to thickest. Most serums work best when applied as the first layer, in direct contact with clean skin after you’ve used a cleanser.
- If the active ingredient is too irritating or drying, you can apply it over another product to create a buffering effect.
- L’Aromathérapie Exactement, Pierre Franchomme and Dr. Daniel Pénoël, 1990.
- Tisserand, Robert and Rodney Young. Essential Oil Safety, 2nd ed., 2014
- Werschler WP, et al. (2011). Enhanced efficacy of a facial hydrating serum in subjects with normal or self-perceived dry skin.
Directions for use: Directions for use: Topical use: With your finger, dab 3 to 5 drops of Nativilis Dark Circles Serum using the finger ring or the fourth finger as it is the weakest finger which will ensure that you don't apply too much pressure on the eye area. Prevent applying too much pressure on the skin so that the sensitive skin around the eye is not damaged
Best Use: 24 Months
- Shipping Weight:0.12 kg
- SKU: SERUMDARKCIRCLES-5060864590418
- Type: GTIN-13 - Number: 5060864590418
- Volume: 10 ml - Clear Bottle Glass with Tamper Evident Euro Drop Cap
- Dimensions Outer Packaging Recyclable Tube Cardboard Paper Kraft :108 mm (H) x 45 mm (D) ;
Safety data: External use recommended. Internal use under guidance from
a qualified practitioner. Keep away from children and eyes. Avoid if pregnant. Store in a cool dry place.
- Clear Glass Bottle: We sell our Dark Circles Serum in clear glass bottles to be able to appreciate their beautiful and therapeutic colours.
- The Outer Packaging Recyclable Tube Cardboard Paper Kraft are to protect the oil from light , because light slowly degrades the oil over time.
- Directions for use: Directions for use: Topical use: With your finger, dab 3 to 5 drops of Nativilis Dark Circles Serum using the finger ring or the fourth finger as it is the weakest finger which will ensure that you don't apply too much pressure on the eye area. Prevent applying too much pressure on the skin so that the sensitive skin around the eye is not damaged